Transportation Electrification Course Program
Delivered through IEEE Xplore and the IEEE Learning Network
This program comprises 24 self-paced, online courses that focus on transportation electrification and electric batteries.
Ideal for technical professionals at organizations in the automotive industry as well as academic students in engineering programs, especially those interested in pursuing careers involving automotive and battery technology.
Understand concepts of electric motors, fuel cells, and electric
drive trains as well as electric vehicle batteries, with a focus on lithium-ion batteries.
Courses included in the program:
- Introduction to Batteries
- Battery Design Principles
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- Modeling Lithium-ion Batteries
- Next Generation Batteries
Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Applications of Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Introduction to Power Electronics in Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Power Semiconductors Used in Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Electric Machines in Electric Drive Trains
Wireless Power Transfer
- Introduction to Wireless Power Transfer
- Methods of Study of WPT Systems
- Coil Design and Analysis
- Power Electronics Circuit Design and Control
- Other Issues of WPT
- Fuel Cell Principles
- Fuel Cell Power Characteristics, Efficiency and Life Span
- Fuel Cell System Components: Air Supply Circuit
- Fuel Cell System Components: Other Ancillaries
- Fuel Cell Vehicle Applications and Introduction to Hydrogen Economy
- Introduction to Electric Machines
- DC Motors
AC Motors: Induction Motors
- Permanent Magnet Motors
- Switched Reluctance Motors: Types, Design and Control
Complete the form to speak with an IEEE Content Specialist and learn how you can get access to this course program for your organization.
Delivered through the IEEE Xplore Digital Library
Access all course content through IEEE Xplore with an improved experience that provides:
- Streamlined access to all content from IEEE in one place, using existing IEEE Xplore credentials
- A modern, mobile friendly design for eLearning content
- Discovery of more eLearning content of interest through an easy-to-use browse experience, with filtering by topic
- Access to all the powerful features of IEEE Xplore, including enhanced search capabilities and filtering, self-service usage statistics, and more
IEEE eLearning courses are available in a wide range of topics, with many featured course programs to choose from in various subtopics.
Read more about the full IEEE eLearning Library.
Fill out the form below to be contacted by an IEEE representative and to receive information about IEEE Xplore and related products.