Transportation Electrification Course Program
Discoverable through IEEE Xplore and the IEEE Learning Network
This program comprises 24 self-paced, online courses that focus on transportation electrification and electric batteries.
Ideal for technical professionals at organizations in the automotive industry as well as academic students in engineering programs, especially those interested in pursuing careers involving automotive and battery technology.
Understand concepts of electric motors, fuel cells, and electric
drive trains as well as electric vehicle batteries, with a focus on lithium-ion batteries.
Courses included in the program:
- Introduction to Batteries
- Battery Design Principles
- Lithium-ion Batteries
- Modeling Lithium-ion Batteries
- Next Generation Batteries
Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Applications of Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Introduction to Power Electronics in Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Power Semiconductors Used in Electric Drive Trains
- Transportation Electrification: Electric Machines in Electric Drive Trains
Wireless Power Transfer
- Introduction to Wireless Power Transfer
- Methods of Study of WPT Systems
- Coil Design and Analysis
- Power Electronics Circuit Design and Control
- Other Issues of WPT
- Fuel Cell Principles
- Fuel Cell Power Characteristics, Efficiency and Life Span
- Fuel Cell System Components: Air Supply Circuit
- Fuel Cell System Components: Other Ancillaries
- Fuel Cell Vehicle Applications and Introduction to Hydrogen Economy
- Introduction to Electric Machines
- DC Motors
AC Motors: Induction Motors
- Permanent Magnet Motors
- Switched Reluctance Motors: Types, Design and Control
Contact an IEEE Content Specialist today to learn more about getting access to course programs for your organization.
IEEE eLearning courses are available in a wide range of topics, with many featured course series to choose from in various subtopics. Learn more about the full IEEE eLearning Library collection.
Want to gain access for your organization?
Fill out the form below to be contacted by an IEEE representative and receive information about IEEE Xplore and related products.